Whether you have a romantic date planned with that special someone, or have the girl’s booked in for a boy free day, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to spend a few extra minutes in front of the mirror.
For our Valentine’s Day inspired makeup, we decided to go with something light and natural, a no-makeup makeup if you will. The key to a fresh and effortless look is the base. We have been testing out a sample of the Chantecaille’s Future Skin which we recently picked up, and sadly for our bank accounts, we L-O-V-E it. The formula of the gel-foundation is incredibly hydrating and lightweight, giving the perfect dewy finish. Tinted moisturisers or something like the It Cosmetics CC cream are also great options. As well as providing lightweight coverage, we often find that tinted moisturisers also give a natural, glowy finish. Keeping with our no-makeup makeup theme, we ditched bold brows, for something more natural. We feathered in strokes where our hair is sparse rather than focusing on defining and dramatically filling our brows in. To top off the look, we opted for a pretty pop of pink. Lipsticks with a matte finish tend to last longer and are smudge proof. So if you predict some smooching or even eating will take place, then reach for something matte. We went with Rimmel’s Only 1 Matte in Leader of the Pink which we reviewed a few posts back here.
- Benefit POREfessional: Matte Rescue*
- Chantecaille Future Skin in Cream
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Protector Pressed Highlighter in Opal
- Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink* (Review)
- Benefit Ka-BROW! Eyebrow Cream-Gel Colour*
- Chi Chi Cosmetics Eye Shadow Quad in Paparazzi Princess
- Maybelline The Falsies Push-up Drama Mascara* (Review)
- Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Pot Liner
- Rimmel Only 1 Matte Lipstick in Leader of the Pink* (Review)
What are your Valentine’s Day plans?