If your’e constantly scrolling through Pinterest, desperately searching for new pancake recipes to try, boy have we got one for you.
These coconut oat bran pancakes don’t need much of an introduction. The desiccated coconut and nuttiness of the oat bran make for a mouth-watering twist on the traditional pancake. If your’e feeling extra fancy, a few drops of vanilla essence would bring these pancakes to a whole new level. This recipe is quick and easy to whip up, and with a generous drizzle of honey or maple syrup, these pancakes are the perfect Autumn brekkie treat.
Authors: A Pair of Ones
- 3/4 cup oat bran*
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter (or substitute with your choice of oil)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Remember to sift the flour
- Melt the butter
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Add more milk if the batter is too thick
- Now they’re ready to cook!
*if you don’t like the nuttiness of oat bran, swap the measurements round, so use 1/2 cup oat bran and 3/4 plain flour
If you try this recipe out, we’d love to know how it goes!