Say good-bye to chapped lips with our homemade, au naturale (and edible!) lip scrub.
If you’ve been around long enough, you’d know we’ve been on quite the nude lip buzz. As any nude lip wearer will attest to, neutrals can be very unforgiving as they tend to emphasise dry and flaky skin. So to smooth and prep our pouts, we’ve been exfoliating our lips with our very own homemade lip scrubs. Not only are they au naturale, free of toxins and preservatives, but they’re also edible!! #winning.
Fist step, raid your pantry! Pantry staples are key to our lip scrubs. Although this recipe is for our lime scrubs, the lime can be replaced with anything from mint leaves to cinnamon, strawberries and even coffee to make your very own exfoliate good enough to eat!
LIME SUGAR LIP SCRUB
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Lime Juice
- The zest of one lime
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (honey, almond oil & other essential oils are also great alternatives
- Place the sugar and oil in a bowl and mix
- Add the lime juice and zest
- Gently mix until well combined
- Transfer lip scrub into a jar
- Store in a cool, dry place or fridge
- With clean, dry fingers, gently massage the scrub onto your lips in circular motions
- Rinse (or lick off!!) the remaining scrub
- Dab on a generous amount of lip balm overnight
- Repeat weekly:
What are your secrets to baby smooth lips?