It’s one of the most anticipated music festivals on the calendar. No longer just about the line-up, Coachella has become it’s own fashion capital, inspiring the year’s latest trends.
In recent years, the twisted head band has garnered as much popularity as the flower crowns that can be seen oh so frequently gracing the heads of the most loyal festival goers. It’s a little rock ‘n’ roll, it’s a little retro and it’s a extremely easy to make. So hold on to your daisy dukes and read on…
1. Measure and cut out a rectangular piece of material. Keep in mind that it needs to be long enough to fit around your noggin and to twist into a bow. The width of the headband is entirely up to you.
2. Fold your piece of material in half with the patterned side facing inwards and iron it down so that it is easier to work with once you get sewing.
3. Pin the material to prevent it from moving
4. Stitch the halves together along the top edge. You can also use your sewing machine for this step.
5. Turn it inside out
6. Measure and cut out some wire. Make sure to leave some room on either side for you to sew the ends closed.
7. Thread your wire through
8. Sew the ends together
9. Bam! You’re festival ready!
If you’re new to the twist head band, it can be a bit daunting, but here are 2 simple ways you can wear it.
♥ M + K