In between cards, gifts, the date and a spanking new outfit, the prospect of a professional manicure for Valentine’s Day is probably out of the question. Love-struck beauties, read on! We’ve got the perfect DIY nail art to have your cuticles hand holding-worthy.
♥ Clear base and top coat
♥ Nail polishes of your choice
♥ Sharp pointed instrument (eg.nail striper, toothpick, or even a twig!!)
Time to Nail It!
1. As always, protect your nails with a clear base coat
2. Apply 1-2 coats (or until opaque) of a base colour
3. For want of a better word, blob on nail polishes of your choice. This will form the base of your flowers. There is no need to be too precise here (we actually prefer our blobs more irregular and messy!)
4. Dip the tip of the pointed instrument into white polish and swirl it around the still wet blobs
5. Clean off the tip of the instrument and using a green nail polish, draw in some leaves and stems
6. Apply a clear top coat to seal your design
Of course you can do this on all your nails, but creating an accent nail with this design is a great way to spice up your nails if you’re afraid of being too OTT! If you enjoyed this Nail It post, let us know. Also, if you have a nail design you want us to nail, then tweet us a picture or request with the #MKnailitplease
♥ M + K