When it comes to Christmas, there is no point in doing things by halves. Considering that the day only comes around once a year, we love to pull out all the stops for the biggest holiday on the calendar. Don’t just stop at erecting a Christmas tree, plastering your house in all the lights you can dig up, or even at decking out in head to toe Christmas threads. Why not take it one step further and try your hand at DIY nail art to add an extra sparkle to your Christmas.
What you will need:
– top coat
– nail striper or bobby pin
– nail polishes of your choice
– sticky tape
1. Paint your nails in a colour of your choice. This will be your base colour.
2. Using the tip of a bobby pin, dot on your nail polish. You can cover your entire nail in dots for a simple look, or add a more festive feel to your nail art by dotting a Christmas tree and add a star for the finishing touch!
3. A simple trick to achieving straight lines is sticky tape.
4. Apply a clear top coat to seal your design, and voilà, you have nails fit for any festive occasion!
Outfit of the Day
We went out for lunch and a quick spot of Christmas shopping the other day, so we thought we’d show you what one of us wore! For a twist on the all black look, we opted for a top with pale lilac flowers to keep the outfit Summer appropriate.
We’ve been on the hunt for a versatile black bag for quite some time, and knew we had found the perfect one when we laid our eyes on this beauty. We think that the structured shape of the bag and its gold hardware give it a classy feel. With online shopping, it is always a gamble. Sometimes it is a hit and you get exactly what you expected, and some. Other times, it is a complete miss. This time OASAP hit the mark with the quality of this bag exceeding our expectations. The bag is sturdy and well made which has made us keen to try out more of their bags.
We were also pleasantly surprised with OASAP’s packaging of the bag. Tissue paper stuffing helped to maintain the shape of the bag while the exterior was protected by a reusable tote (although there was a small scratch at the front of the bag).
Skirt: Cotton On
Let us know how your Christmas shopping Is going. Have you bought, wrapped and thrown all your gifts under the Christmas tree? Or are you a last minute shopper?
♥ M + K
DISCLAIMER: the items marked with a * were sent to us for consideration, but as always our reviews and opinions are honest ones.