Today we wanted to bring you something a little different. While fashion is our greatest love, we also like to dabble in all things arty and beauty too. If you have noticed in our previous posts, we’re always changing up our nail polishes and love trying out new colours and designs.
While it’s always nice to indulge in the occassional trip to the nail salon, it can get a little pricey. So as self proclaimed frugal fashionistas, it’s no surprise that we love DIY manicures.With good quality nail polishes, a little inspiration and some creativity, getting salon-worthy nails is a breeze.
We might be a little late with this newspaper nail trend, but we’ve been reading so many blog posts and watching so many tutorials, and they all use rubbing alcohol (which we wanted to avoid!). We finally decided to try it with water instead and it worked amazingly! We had a lot of fun trying this out for the first time, so read on to see how to nail this trend!
You will need:
Pieces of newspaper large enough to cover your entire nail
Base and top coat
Another nail polish of your choice
1. Apply a clear base coat
2. Apply 1-2 coats of your desired polish colour and let it dry thoroughly
3. Dip each nail into a cup of water
4. Take a small piece of newspaper and firmly press it onto your nail for 30 seconds, and repeat on all nails. (the longer you press the paper onto your nails, the darker the ink will transfer!)
5. Peel off newspaper
6. Apply a clear top coat to seal the ink and to add a glossy finish to your nails
7. Use nail polish remover to wipe away excess nail polish and your done!!
For our first time,we were quite impressed with how well it worked out!
If you’re not brave enough to dive into the scary world of nail art, you can always try sporting an accent nail. Leave the rest of your nails painted a single shade and add a little pizazz with the newspaper print!
If you try this out let us know how it goes and a leave comment with suggestions for nail art we should attempt next!
♥ M + K